SBVS Complaints Handling Procedure (RICS Compliant)
Our Complaints Handling Procedure is intended to:
- Provide certainty for both the company and individuals;
- Ensure a fair and transparent process is adhered to;
- Enable a written policy to be provided on request, to satisfy the expectations of external consumers and the RICS.
1. Complaints Process
Where a complaint is made verbally, the consumer will be asked to send a written summary unless they are not able to do so due to a disability and make this known to us, in which case reasonable adjustments will be made to this process.
- 1.1 Our Customer Relations Team will usually send a letter of acknowledgement and copy of our Complaints Handling Procedure within three working days of the receipt of the written complaint.
- 1.2 Depending on the complexity of the complaint and amount of investigation we need to carry out, we would hope to give an initial response to the complaint within 15 working days, to which the consumer will be invited to respond. If further time is required, a holding letter providing a clear explanation will be sent.
- 1.3 Within 21 working days of receipt of the consumer’s written response, we will write to confirm the outcome of our investigation into the complaint and the action proposed. If further time is required a holding letter providing a clear explanation will be sent.
- 1.4 The acceptance of liability on a ‘without prejudice’ basis, the returning of fees or making of payments to claimants is not an indication of admission of negligence or guilt by SBG Surveying or the surveyor involved. Conversely, the successful defence of a complaint is not an indication of appropriate professional practice or conduct.
2. Complaint Escalation
- 2.1 If the consumer remains dissatisfied with any aspect of the complaint they can escalate the complaint to our ombudsman: The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR).
They have a website at www.cedr.com and can be contacted at:
CEDR, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU
Telephone: 0207 536 6000
Textphone: 0207 536 6001